December 2013: If you’re a CEO, CFO, CTO, nonprofit director, part of IT leadership or just want to leverage your technology to grow your business, you’re in luck! Each month we publish concise, useful advice about top IT issues.
Here’s a bullet-point sampling. Are there IT areas you need to know more about so you can leap into a most prosperous 2014? Find out here!
- High Availability — How resilient is your network?
- Disaster Recovery — How quickly will your company get back to work after an IT emergency?
- Business Continuity Planning — How, exactly, will your entire business keep functioning during an emergency? More
- It can protect you legally.
- It can cover post-event expenses that might otherwise bankrupt you. More reasons
- Map your data.
- Update (or create) your IP policy.
- Monitor your data. More steps
- Percentage of Americans who use their personal mobile device for work: 81%
- Percentage who allow others to borrow their devices: 46%
- Percentage who store work email passwords on their phones: 35% More stats
- Learn up!
- Assess your risk. More steps
- Stop web-based malware from entering your network by filtering or blocking blacklisted sites.
- Block URLs that have nothing to do with work.
- Improve your network performance, including accelerating cloud-based applications and services. More ways
- Where exactly is my data?
- How is court-ordered data collected? More questions
|You may also be interested in:|