Whether it’s ransomware, data theft, or elaborate scams, hackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to make a profit or create chaos. Leapfrog continually optimizes your IT to limit your exposure through the right balance of data protection, costs, and insurance
Stay up to date, always.
Every day there’s another major breach in the news — that’s because, on average, every 39 seconds hackers are scanning your network for vulnerabilities or misconfigurations. To help ensure they don’t find any:
- Apply the latest patches and updates
- Retire old computers and technology when they’ve reached end of life
- Implement the latest security controls
- Complete any other hygiene activities required for your environment
Just like it’s risky to leave your car doors unlocked, it’s risky to leave your IT environment vulnerable. The average cost of a data breach in 2020 was $3.86 million — which is why Leapfrog locks your IT doors.
Know what the hackers know.
Most of the time, hackers are not super-geniuses. They are paying attention to manufacturer vulnerability announcements and they know which of your employees are more likely to fall prey to social engineering, based on their online activity. By targeting your weak links, hackers are able to bypass your protections and infiltrate your environment. To beat them at their game, Leapfrog works with you to:
- Monitor for stolen or compromised credentials
- Perform vulnerability management
- Train and test your employees
- Hire an external security firm to try to penetrate your network
Focus on containment and response capabilities.
Even if you’re doing a good job of staying up to date and knowing what the hackers know — which, when combined, dramatically reduce the likelihood of having a security event — hackers may still get in. Employees make mistakes and can be socially engineered, technology companies may have unpublished vulnerabilities (zero-day threats), a trusted vendor may inadvertently open the door to a breach, or you may be vulnerable to a number of other potential scenarios. In order to minimize the impact:
- Put up boundaries within your environment
- Store your most critical business information on ransomware-resistant backups
- Document and practice your incident-response communication plans
Networks with the least protection are the most vulnerable, regardless of their size. Leapfrog helps protect your company’s assets by adhering to standards, protocols, and your security objectives.